Saturday, March 8, 2008

Stash buster

For too long I have been precious about cutting into fabrics. Yesterday and today - whoosh - they're gone. It felt quite liberating. I have embarked on a real "stash buster" quilt. In fact the poor old stash is looking a bit sick, but as it is "no spend" March, I will wait til 1st April til I give the plastic a work out. There were so many country fabrics in my collection, as this is what appealed to me a few years back, and Soooo many browns. This is very puzzling, as I don't really go for brown, but I guess it went with the country theme at the time.


At the moment it is all squares, but that will change. I will give progress blogs as we go along with this one.



Look at all those browns!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! YAY for stash busting! Can't wait to see what you turn these into!

Sue said...

Di - I thought you had a no-spend Feb. Now into March - good on you...

Marian said...

Looking forward to seeing how this develops. Well done with your no spend, wish I could manage it.

Dianne said...

My no spend month is going real well but no one told hubby about it and he is spending like a drunken sailor. PS "No spend" February was a dismal failure!!