Monday, February 25, 2008

Favourite Notions

I can thoroughly recommend the tape for your embroidery threads. Are you sick of them unravelling out of control? This tape really works and there is ever so much on the reel - I don't have that many embroidery threads - but they are always on the wish list. You only need enough to go around the reel and an inch of overlap. Bought both the items at the local quilt store and the tape cost just under $10 AUD.
The clover white pen is terrific for marking any of your dark fabrics. I almost took mine back to the store thinking it was faulty, and lucky I am a whinger sometimes, because I whinged about it to a fellow quilter and she quickly informed me that it takes a while for the white mark to appear. Lesson learnt : Whinging can save you some embarrasment

It goes on clear then changes to a nice fine white line and this line is easily removed with a quick iron over. Do not, I repeat, do not have the iron too hot as you may melt any wadding underneath (and anyway only a low heat is required). I know, cause I've done it! It sure leaves a flat spot on the quilt! It is great for marking your applique pieces for needleturn applique also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that tape too - I'm just about out, must find out which LQS so I can get some more!