Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Naxos

As soon as I saw this work by Vicki Lugg in one of Shirley’s books I knew I had to do my running stitch based on this piece.
Close up of Inspiration for NaxosInspiration for Naxos
On the left is the original early work originating in Naxos, Greece.  On the right is Vicki’s contemporary interpretation.
Wk 10 Running Stitch
This is my little piece using elements taken from the original and Vicki’s work.
There are many things I would do differently now but this piece was quickly prepared to take away to the beach house to work on.  Nevertheless I enjoyed working on it.
The running stitch is such a simple one but also a very versatile one which is evident by what people produced in the TAST challenge this past week.  You can catch up with all the running stitch samples HERE and also on Stitichin Fingers
Looking forward to the challenge for this week now!!

8 comments:

Linda said...

This is a cute little sample Dianne, and must have been fun to stitch. It does have a decidedly patchwork air about it, doesn't it. I haven't checked to see what our next stitch is yet, still working on running sample.

My heartiest congratulations too for reaching the SF #1 spot - not at all surprised.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Di, Your running stitch creation does have a patchwork flare to it and is very lovely. Great stitching. Hugs Judy

Suztats said...

Looks like you had lots of fun stitching this one, Di! I see stars and crosses. Nice!

Julie said...

Your stitching looks amazing!

Jen said...

Wow! Di that running stitch piece is is just lovely. I also can see your talents with the patchwork coming into your design.

Stitching Lady said...

Dianne, this is just so wonderful and the best idea ! Your format is also very goog!

shirley said...

DI you have produced a great design for the running stitch. You have made this idea for the design your own. I love the way the Tast challenge is developing your wonderful creativity week after week..

Radka said...

You have do so well with your running stitch, Dianne, a really good sample :) The book looks like a real treasure.