Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gifts

One of the gifts I cherish the most is the wonderful friends I have in my life, most of whom I have met through patchwork and quilting.
For my three amigos this year I made them each a Christmas Recipe folder which is a pattern from Fiona at “Designs by Fee”.  Thank you for sharing this pattern with us, Fiona.
Xmas presents girls 2011

Gifts wrapped 2011close up xmas card 2011
Here they are all wrapped up.  I made the tags from some collaged fabric pieces and painted the luggage tags in watercolours.  I have now given all the girls their recipe folders and they loved them.
Marleen Xmas 2011 
This is my dear friend, Marleen.  She dresses her house up for Christmas with all her Christmas quilts and nick nacks. It looks a treat.
022031032033034
It inspired me to come home and decorate a little more.  I ended up putting every single decoration I own (which isn’t many really) on our tree and around the house.
018
Our Tree.
Next time….. gifts received!!

8 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Loved all the Christmassy things in this post
I can see how they would have been very happy with their Folders Just lovely

Marilyn said...

Those folders are so lovely. I made one for my sister and gave it to her for her birthday a couple of months ago. She loved it.
Lovely Christmas pics.Good for you putting all your decorations and Cdhristmas things around. Think I better get a move on and do it here.

Linda said...

Your handmade gifts look so lovely Dianne, and shows the love and respect you have for your friends. How lovely to see Marleen, and her lovely patchwork. It is such a small world in many ways. I, too, am thankful for the stitching friends I've made, not only here but throughout the world - so many beautiful people, full of talent, creativity, and kindness. Cheers.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Merry Christmas Di.

Your gift recipe folders are very beautiful. Your friends Christmas Quilts are very lovely. And your Christmas tree is gorgeous. Hugs judy

Radka said...

Congratulations, the folders are very nice:)
Well, you are ahead of me with the decorations!

Suztats said...

Looks so Christmasy! What nice folders you made for your friends. Hope you have a Merry Christmas Di!

N. Maria said...

Yeah, a gift!!! Oh! You already gave them out....
:)
Those are some lucky friends to receive such a loving handmade gift.
Marleen's place DOES look like a treat!!!
Merry Christmas, Di!

Fee said...

They are gorgeous !! I am so glad that you enjoyed making them and that the recipients were pleased with them. Have a wonderful christmas. Hugs - Fee XX