Sunday, January 15, 2012

Inspirations - TAST Week 2



Views of Rainbow Beach
We went a little further north last week and re-visited our old home town, Rainbow Beach.
This was a very windy day, misty day so the coloured sand cliffs are not visible. :-((

Top left to right:  Views across to Fraser Island through the casurina trees.
Surf Lifesaving tower
View to Fraser Island through the pandanus
Mr Virgo on Rainbow Beach (coloured cliffs in background
Rutile Sands
Our friend's cruiser


 





Inspiration for my TAST piece this week.  The palm trees at the back of our holiday unit.

  
 My piece is still a work in progress.  It will have a wavy border all done in buttonhole stitch and I will add a little more colour into the palm leaves.  I have only brought a very limited amount of threads to the beach with me and the leaf colour was not really what I was after.

 
 The waves were done with lovely variegated sashiko thread which was gifted to me by Judy.  Thanks Judy - I just love the texture this gave me. 

  My journal notes for the buttonhole stitch.
There is much more inspiration for the buttonhole stitch on Sharon B's Pintangle page HERE and also on Stitchin' Fingers.  Amazing how much can be done with the humble buttonhole stitch (blanket stitch)

This beach bum life is pretty darn good - coming to an end on Thursday. :-((  sad, sad, face.


Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

shirley said...

Wow Di, Rainbow Beach was very inspirational for you love it love it love it. You done great girl.

shirley said...

Forgot to say how much I like your sketches of the stitches. Misread your blog thought it was Rainbow that gave you the inspiration but it was the palm trees behind your unit. oops...still good though

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Di, Every time I see your pool I just want to jump in. LOL Love all the beach photos I reckon they are very inspirational too. I think your Buttonhole stitch project is very very neat. The waves are very creative. Hugs Judy

Suztats said...

Di, I love what you've stitched here! So sorry your beach life is coming to a close.
Neat sketches of your stitches. Organized, you are!

Linda said...

Dianne, your buttonhole 'scene' is so nice, not long saw it on SF. I hope your last few days at the coast are pleasant. Your journal page looks really good.

Stitching Lady said...

After a long time I am looking again at blogs - I saw your beach photos and my first thought was: SNOW! But of course only the very first one - because our surroundings are like that at present in the French mountains - and you are in the middle of summer. I envy you for your warm weather. Your beach scene is so nice, that I am delighted.

New Leaf said...

Wow Dianne! I love what you've done. You're only the second person I've seen that sketches in advance.. for tomorrow's stitch I'm going to be the 3rd. Both of you have had such great success with it :)

ValerieL said...

Great stitching--Great idea.

Dianne said...

Thank you for your kind comments everyone, Valerie, I am unable to reply direct to you, but thank you for taking the time to comment.
Di.

buy eve account said...

WoW! so amazing.=D