Sunday, March 14, 2010

In God's Playground

















(Saturday) 
 It was such a beautiful autumn morning today.  There is so much to do in our garden right now, so I got out into God's playground and it did my soul a whole heap of good.  Seeing as the house in such a state right now, it was nice to get out into the garden and lose myself for a couple of hours.


As my friends know, I have to be a little bit careful not to overdo it, or my fibromyalgia will strike me down.
 



I took a few photos of my miniature roses.  I lost one of my pink ones during the dry spell, but since the recent rains many plants in the garden that I had given up for dead have sprung back to life.

This pink miniature above is in topiary form and is giving a lovely display.  I will take a full photo in better light.  The sunlight was just too powerful this morning.

 





This orange one was all but dead and is struggling along with a few little flowers to please me.




















I brought some roses inside to brighten up the space.


I also planted some basil and parsely seedlings.  It is probably the wrong time of year, but hoping to get some use out of them before our first frost hits.

1 comment:

shirley said...

Di, your roses are beautiful they must smell divine.

Perhaps the pleasure from them will calm your headaches.