Friday, March 26, 2010

Around the House

 

Don't know what this rose is but the scent is divine.  As this one is nearly finished flowering, there are two more buds on the same stem waiting to bloom.  Time to stop..... smell the roses.
 
There is not much a girl can do when the house is all topsy turvey, but since my kitchen is almost put together again, I can cook.  These are a favourite of ours and we call them Goodie Goodie Jam Drops.  
 
If you have an abundance of fresh mint as we do, why not make your own mint sauce?  We had roast lamb last night and it was made all the more delicious with this mint sauce.

Put 2 tablespoons of sugar in the bottom of a saucepan and pour over this 2 tablespoons of boiling water.  Bring back to the boil on the stove, and boil for a minute.  (Not too long or you will have toffee!!)

Take off the stove and add 2 tablespoons of mint sliced up finely (or not) and 2 tablespoons of vinegar.  I used red wine vinegar.  Belissimo. 

Here is our gorgeous grand baby, Lilian, 'helping' us in the garden on the weekend.  She sat for about 40 minutes digging in the dirt.  She just loves being outside and if my DH even looks like stepping outside without her she carries on a treat.

3 comments:

shirley said...

You can bring yummy goodie goodie jam drops to my place any time they are one of my favourites

Shirley said...

The lovely lily might be a farmers wife one day....but grandad would have to live on the farm too I would say...but doesn't she look clean, must dig very delicately..she is beautiful Di

Shirley said...

Your pink rose may be called "pink bells" but I say "may" as I am no expert on roses as you know.