Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Snakes Alive & 4 Wheel Drive

My hubby found a yellow-faced whip snake like this one trapped between our two sheds on Sunday, he got rid of it especially for me on Mothers Day.  Thank you my dear man. 

Image from www.wildlifeqld.com.au
Saturday 5th May saw me behind the wheel of our 4 wheel drive truck.
4WD 05.05.12This photo especially for craft and quilting friends who would not believe I was actually doing this 4WD thing. LOL.
  Apparently I have to learn how to drive it in case anything happens to my man when we are out on a bush track somewhere.  Not my cup of tea at all, but you know what?  I did rather well at it and even managed it better than him at times.  He is a good driver though and I am confident I won’t have to put my newly acquired  skills to test anytime real soon.
Mud obstacle 4WD  2 05.05.12-001
The first obstacle – stuck in mud. Hubby had the job of getting out of this one.
View Dayboro 4WD 05.05.12
The spectacular view from the top of the very, very steep hill which we had to climb in our 4WD.  Yes, I did it with no probs.
We are leaving on a trek to Cape York in a couple of weeks time.  Very exciting!  So next couple of weeks we will be busy packing and sorting and getting our new camper ready to roll.  At the same time I hope to still keep up with my TAST embroidery challenge.  Now, that will be quite a challenge!!

6 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

I think he gave you a very good Mothers Day gift Yuk
Hope you have a gret trip

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello DI, You look like you could drive anywhere in that vehicle. I could not imagine driving up those steep slopes. Good for you for doing so well. VBG Happy and safe Travels to you both. You will be missed. Hugs Judy

shirley said...

that was a scary mothers day gift it is cold why aren't the snakes asleep.

You really look the part in the truck are you sure you haven't driven one of those before.

Linda said...

Hope the 'visitor' was relocated to some other 'place'.........LOL... They are very scary if you have dogs or toddlers!!

Your ute looks very cool, and I'm sure you'll have a great time up in the top end. I don't think you'll have any worries, it should pull you out of anything. Good time to be going now. Happy packing. Keep us informed.

Jen said...

HI! DI, Very clever in the 4WD and going up that big hill.
I haven't heard of that snake before. I thought from up your way it was a Brown snake when I first saw it.Have a safe trip and try to send us a post now and then from the Cape.

Marilyn said...

Well done on the 4WD lessons. You are a natural by the sound of it, with conquering the steep hill and so forth.
Enjoy your preparation time - so exciting to be planning a trip like that. It sounds wonderful.