Monday, June 22, 2009

Selvage Gift Cards



Selvedge or Selvage? I have always used the first spelling but it seems either will do.

There hasn't been a lot of sewing going on here at DinkyDi central. In between other jobs, I have been doing these little gift tags to co-ordinate with fat quarters which I have bought for my sewing group friends' birthdays.
From left, Kerrie likes Civil War, Frances wanted fabrics to remind her of Mozart, Joan likes 50's prints.
They are quick and easy to make and I make them in varying ways. Sometimes I sew them directly onto the card and glue the same cardboard shape on the back. Sometimes I sew the selvedges together then glue to the card, sometimes I sew the selvedges together, cut the shape, and zigzag them on the machine to the card. I have purchased the card shapes but you could just as easy make your own shapes to 'fit' the recipient.

I try and include some text on the selvedge relevant to the persons interest or personality.

My selvedge collection is becoming huge now and I feel a selvedge log cabin or the like coming
on.






No comments: