Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Another Birthday and Sweet Friends and a Rant

 Does anyone else use Picasa to upload photos directly from the "blog this" button?  Well for the past couple of weeks IT WILL NOT WORK!!  It is so frustrating.  Is there someone out there more bloggy technical able to instruct me on how to upload photos without first having to compress them?  Picasa does this automatically, but it seems a lot of people are having issues with it right now and Google hasn't fixed it!!@@@???!!!


My birthday was about 2 weeks ago, but I am just getting around to blogging it.  Life seems to be getting busier and busier instead of the expected slow down. 
One of the sweetest ladies in Blogland, Judy, from cjstitching and blooms sent me some wonderful gifts for my birthday.  All the way from Michigan.  Thank you so much, Judy.  Big hugs to you.
Some beautiful fabric, a special pin which she made herself, and a laying tool which her husband made and it is painted in my fave colour:-)  That is the really neat card on the right of the picture.  A town being covered in a whirlwind of quilts.  The card is from Sisters, Oregan.  Looks like a great place to visit - well one can dream!

My younger daughter sent me these lovely flowers and the older one gave me this gorgeous vase from House and Garden (oooh love that shop). 


 P.S.
 Shirley is still in hospital and we hope she is going to be discharged tomorrow.  We will have to just see how her blood test comes back in the morning.  She is feeling much much better and itching to get home and start reading all her emails and messages.

10 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Di, The flowers from your daughter were very pretty. And the "Red" vase was also very pretty. I am very happy you like your birthday pressies. I hope oneday you will be able to come to the USA. I am sure you would have a lovely time. Hugs Judy

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Di,

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
All the gifts are great. Hope you had a lovely day. Thanks for the update on Shirley.

retdairyqueen said...

Happy Belated birthday
I love the red vase Red being my favourite colour also
Now you can only hope someone will keep giving you flowers to keep it full

Linda said...

Sorry to only be catching up now, but wishing you all the best [albeit a tad late!!] for your birthday. What lovely gifts you have. I am sure they are all special to you. Judy is one dear sweet person is she not!!! I am sure you know that already. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, especially when you are so busy. Do take care, and thanks for our lovely chat.

Deepa said...

Belated b'day wishes,Dianne. Love the red vase. I usually do not use picassa,I directly upload them into my blog post while writing.If the image is huge,I open it in paintbrush,reduce the size and save it under another name.
I think you may not be comfortable with this method since you are used to automatic compression by Picassa. :)


Hugs,
Deepa

Unknown said...

Happy Belated birthday. What wonderful gifts you recived and it sounds like you had a wonderful day.

So glad to hear Shirley may be home soon!

Stitching Lady said...

Another belated birthday greetings - wishing you all the best for the future, happiness and health. Lovely gifts - so nice of Judy! And thank goodness Shirley is coming out of hospital tomorrow (hopefully).
You are having troubles with your photos - we are in a same situation - our laptop is no more working - awful! awful! This is being written on a netbook a gadget for dwarfs!

Marilyn said...

Belated birthday wishes from me too, Di. Sounds like you were suitably spoiled by your family and friends.

Laurie said...

Try using Blogger's "beta" dashboard. You can switch to it from the dashboard. I was having problems until I made that change.

Julie said...

Happy belated birthday to you Di! I've given up on using any other program to write to my blog other than Windows Live Writer. A free downlodable program that is far superior to anything else I've tried so far......give it a go, I'm sure you will be as impressed as I am!