Saturday, July 11, 2009

Kaffe Fassett Collection

Posted by Picasa

I finally bit the bullet and started cutting up my Kaffe Fassett collection. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Once I decided on the pattern and could see how it was all going to come together, it was really exciting. The pattern I am going to do is in Kaffe's book, 'Quilts in the Sun'. The quilt is the Red Floral Parade Quilt, but I am making the squares slightly smaller and more of them because ...well because. Most of the fabric I have been collecting has been in the way of fat quarters and eighths and this dictated the square sizes.

My daughter is loving the colour and now wants to make a quilt for Lily-bub in KF pastels. We will have to start another collection now. Found some fabulous KF fabrics at a very, very good price on fabric.com, so had to indulge in a couple of these. Needed some more polka dots for the 'collection quilt' anyway.

It amazes me how all the KF fabrics seem to blend. Do hope the quilt ends up colourful and not just plain garish though. It is the brightest colour I have ever, ever used.


No comments: