Friday, November 14, 2008

What a week....

It's been "one of those" weeks. It all started on Melbourne Cup Day, when we had a call from our daughter to say she was going to the hospital with contractions and bad pain. (She was only 33 weeks along). She lives 3 hours away, so I was feeling a little helpless.

Our son-in-law is very capable and caring, and they were in constant contact with us. By Thursday morning, I had decided I must go and be with them. The good news is - all is well - and she was home Friday morning, so I stayed on for a few days and "spoilt" them.

During this time, life dealt other annoying little problems, but they all paled into insignificance.
Needless to say, it all ended with a big headache yesterday.

Whilst sitting around, (can't do much else) and feeling a little sorry for myself, I clicked onto Martha Stewart on cable and she was talking to Dr. Maya Angelou. Dr Angelou said something which resonated in me and switched on a light bulb. "If life deals you bad things, take an attitude of gratitude". So I got to thinking......

We are so grateful for the hospital care our daughter received at Nambour Hospital. The doctors, the nursing staff, the midwives, were all outstanding, and even the food was good.

We are so grateful for modern medicine.

We are so grateful for valued friends and family who gave their support.

We have much to be grateful for.

I am very grateful to be living in Australia, land of beauty and bounty, where we have peace, freedom of speech and freedom of choice.

When I got home on Tuesday I had an urge to go into the garden and work. Physical work (not too much), seems to get rid of some pent up emotions in me!!!




1 comment:

Ruth said...

Glad to hear all is well with your daughter!
I, too, believe it is important to experience and express gratitude. It's a significantellym component of happiness!